Thursday, February 24, 2011

Intoduction

A diary, a place to rant, a place to discuss, to learn and to journal my own training in the hopes to get stupid fast. I have a lot to say about sports nutrition, and training - whether it be on the bike or in the weight room.

So who am I? I'm a cyclist who has recently found a love for track cycling, and who coincidentally has always loved weight lifting. Luckily, these two go pretty well together; at least more so than road cycling. I'm a Nutrition major at Colorado State University, where I ride for the rag-tag collegiate sports club team that we have. I just joined Big Ring Cycles U-25 Developmental Team... the first real cycling team I've ever been on.

I only started riding when I moved to Colorado, which was January '09. Before that I was just lifting weights, and even FARTHER before that in High School I was a track and field middle distance runner and pole vaulter.

My racing goals are to excel in the match sprints, Kilo, and criterium racing. I still love weight lifting, so I have some 1RM squat goals as well ; 400lbs. Currently I can back squat 350lbs, and front squat ~245lbs. I'd like to get my fronts up to a 300lbs as well.

With that short introduction, I am off to get some work done in the gym and in the books.

No comments:

Post a Comment